Saturday 11 October 2014

Auckland, New Zealand part 1

After a few weeks of working very hard, it was finally time for a long weekend away. This time we decided to go to Auckland, New Zealand.




I visited Auckland once before, when I was backpacking in Australia and New Zealand and I had to renew my visa. I flew here from Wellington to renew my visa at the Australian consulate. The consulate was situated at Queen street and I did not get the best impression of Auckland. Not leaving the CBD is never a good idea.





We flew Business (yay!). I watched "the other woman" (so funny! Absolutely loved this movie) while enjoying a pumpkin and curry soup with some sourdough. I usually don't like curry because it is spicy and I don't like spicy food. This curry flavoured soup was not spicy. It was really yummy. Surprisingly good for airplane food. For the main I had beef with beans and a sweet potato galette (which was the bomb!) and as dessert Maggie Beer icecream with choc chips, orange and almond. A nice tea after and a few pinot noirs and before I knew it the trip was over and we were descending into Auckland.





The line at the airport was so long! We waited at least 20 minutes to go through immigration. We found a shuttle bus for 40 bucks in total, which is cheap compared to the 80 bucks the taxi driver quoted us. After a 25 minute ride from the airport we were dropped off at the Rendez Vous Grand Hotel.















By the time we got to the hotel it was 1.30am and I was exhausted, even though I was still on Sydney time. Our room was on the 7th floor and super big. Massive bath, good shower and big comfortable bed. One of the first things I always search for is the kettle and tea selection. I NEED my earl grey tea with milk and sugar in the morning. Fortunately this place had a large selection. French connection bathroom products are provided and after a long hot shower I wrapped myself in my bathrobe with a cup of tea to get ready for the night. In the next blog post I will tell you what we did on day 1 of our stay in Auckland.


No comments:

Post a Comment